August 23, 2010

Lean on Me...

Psalm 31:14-16
But I am trusting you, O Lord, saying "You are my God!" My future is in your hands. Rescue me from those who hunt me down relentlessly. Let your favor shine on your servant. In your unfailing love, rescue me.

  My realization of beauty today comes with this verse. Its simple, short and sweet. Trust. Trust God... with everything. Everyday life is so much bigger than you and me, but God is so much bigger than everyday life. So why try and handle something you were never meant to handle on your own. Give it to God. Give everything to him. Even if you have to recommit it to him over and over again. Repeatedly verbalize that you trust him. Sometimes I realize that I recommit my trust to Him over and over again in the same hour. To convince myself that I am not on my own. So if you're struggling with something... anything, that seems overwhelming, too much to carry, give it to him. Simply hand it over and let him take the reigns. Lean on HIM. He won't let you down. That I'm sure of.

No comments:

Post a Comment