August 6, 2010

The simple things...

We, as humans, tend to live life in fast foward...always for tomorrow. I, myself, am guilty of it. I am constantly thinking what's happening tomorrow, later in the week, or even later in the month. We are constantly on the go. We are pro's when it comes to speeding through life, then looking back and wondering where the time went. God has showed me recently, through my random Sony Cyber-shot pictures, that the simple things in life are truly the beautiful ones. When realized they hold the power to change your entire perspective on a situation. This simple yet specific flower shows the unique and well thought planning that God put into it...a flower. If this is the kind of time and beauty he put into a plain buttercup, just imagine the immense detail and time he spent on us. Each one of us. There is not a single person out there that is identical. What great thought he put into each one of us, creating our desires, talents, personalities, and heart. The thought simply blows my mind. So my first realization of beauty is found in the simple things. Look around, take a breath and breathe in the moment. God is waiting and desiring to show you the most earth shaking truths through the simple things we see everyday.

"The law of the Lord is perfect, restoring the whole person; the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple." Psalm 19:7

1 comment:

  1. You are such a light to the world. To me!
    Thanks for being who you are.

    ReplyDelete