August 17, 2010

So constant...

"For the mountains may move and the hills disappear, but even then my faithful love for you will remain. My covenant of blessing will never be broken, says the Lord who has mercy on me."
Isaiah 54:10


  This is one of my all time favorite verses. It speaks directly to my heart. I, personally, am so hard on myself. Even for the smallest things, and immediately, once I start condemning myself, I think about how disappointed God must be in me. In my mind, I tend to picture His love diminishing with each mistake I make, which is not the case. If it was the case, His love for me would be gone, because I'm human... constantly making mistakes. Its how we grow. We live and learn with each mistake we make. But His love for us isn't based on our performance. If it was we all would fail. Rather, its based on the fact that we are His children. He made us. How can a creator not unconditionally love His creation. I have to remind myself constantly that He isn't looking at me, waiting for me to do something terribly wrong, but looking at me with the eyes of a loving Father. One who is ready to heal. One ready to pick up the pieces of a shattered heart and put them back together in a better order than before. But how many of us diminish ourselves after a mistake, because we think God diminishes us for it? We're human, and no one knows that better than Jesus. He sits beside God interceding on our behalf. He knows what its like to live in this world, to be human.
  Romans 8:34, 35 "Who would dare even point a finger? The One who died for us, who raised to life for us- is in the presence of God at this very moment sticking up for us. Do you think anyone is going to be able to drive a wedge between us and Christ's love for us? There is no way!"
  My next revelation of a beautiful life dwells in the recognition that we aren't perfect. We never will be, but the One who lives in us is. He looks at us with His eyes of compassion, turns to our Father and says, "I've been there. I know what its like. Lets give them another chance," to which our loving Father completely agrees. Something empowering develops when you grasp the fact that God's love for you is unwavering. The fact the He loves you as much as He loves His own son, Jesus. So embrace His love. Live in it, because its not going anywhere. Its the same... yesterday, today and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment