August 15, 2010

You were worth it...



A couple months ago I was asked to share something in youth group. Something I felt like God was showing me at the time. This is what he told me... write them a love letter from me. So here it is. A letter from the heart of God directly to you...


My child,
How great is my love for you. I long to prove it to you daily. With the motions of your hands, the words from your mouth and even with the breath from your lungs I will reveal to you the extent of my love. It knows no boundaries, no limits. But it knows you. It knows the features of your face, the skill of your hands and the desires of your heart. As I hung on the cross in pain and agony, all I could think about was my love for you. With every swing of a whip, hit of a rod or mock from a mouth, your face was plastered on my mind. Never did I doubt that it was the wrong thing, because when I saw your face, my love for you was stronger than any pain or torture they could put me through. The thought of you gave me the strength to carry on, to fulfill the promise, so that I could spend eternity with my beloved. You were worth it, every nail, every bruise, every inkling of pain, every drop of blood... You were worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment